Creative Commons License
My World Views by Thomas Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Does Anyone Understand Riots?

There seems to be a common theme all over the world when unrest starts to foment. In Greece right now there are terrible riots going on and we have had out share in the past, and with the economy as it is we may see more(I hope not).

I don’t seem to grasp the mindset of those that are rioting. Let me see if I can get this straight. I am unhappy with something going on. I am going to make sure everyone knows how unhappy I am. I know. I will destroy my own neighborhood. That’ll show them.

The next day you will have weeping and wailing from everyone in the area. Some of it totally justified but inevitably some of those doing the weeping and wailing will turn out to have been part of the most egregious damage that was done. Does anyone understand this at all?

I guess we are all more alike through the world than we would like to believe.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
My World Views by Thomas M. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.